Regarding casinos, awards are often presented as a sign of excellence and recognition. But what if these so-called awards don’t reflect the quality of the casino? Unfortunately, this is a common reality among many award-giving bodies in the gambling industry, leading to an unreliable system that doesn’t truly reward the best casinos. Here are five reasons why casino awards don’t work – and what you can do about it.
1. Lack of Transparency in Award Processes
Award processes should be transparent enough to allow players to decide which casinos are worth their time and money. But unfortunately, many awards lack transparency due to how they’re calculated or even who’s involved in the process. This makes it difficult for players to decide which casinos offer good value for their money mega888 .
2. Influence from Unregulated Third Parties
In some cases, third parties with no regulatory oversight have managed to gain influence in awarding processes. This is concerning because any such party could potentially manipulate results or even promote subpar services while taking advantage of customers who trust these awards as reliable quality indicators.
3. Misleading Metrics Used for Judging Purposes
Many times, award-giving bodies use metrics that aren’t relevant or appropriate when judging online casinos mega888. For example, some may look at the number of games available or the size of bonuses instead of focusing on other key factors like customer service quality or bonus terms & conditions. As a result, inferior products may receive higher ratings than superior ones resulting in unfair rankings for players.
4. Bias towards online casinos without live games
Many awarding bodies tend to favour online casinos without live dealer games, even though they have less potential for player engagement due to their automated nature. While this bias is unintentional in most cases, it still misrepresents certain types of casinos and prevents players from making accurate judgments based on real criteria.
5. Poorly trained judges with no relevant experience
In order for an awarding body’s decision to be reliable and trustworthy, its judges must have adequate training and experience in the various aspects involved in successfully running an online casino. However, not every awarding body takes this into account when selecting judges – leading to inaccurate judgments based on irrelevant criteria out of context mega888.
What you can do to beat the system
If you want your next casino platform choice to be an informed one, here’s what you can do:
1) Conduct independent research on each casino before signing up; look beyond the average ratings and reviews provided by major websites as these can be biased towards certain brands, just as awards can be manipulated by third parties mega888.
2) Pay close attention to customer complaints as these often reveal underlying problems within specific platforms that may not show up on the regular scorecards used by awarding bodies – especially those with poor judge training or inadequate metrics used for judging purposes mega888.
3) Trust your gut when reading different reviews; if something seems off or too good to be true, chances are there is something wrong either with the review itself (it may be from a paid source) or even with the platform being reviewed (a shady operator). In either case, it would be wise not to make any decisions until further investigation has been done!
The bottom line
Although there are some reliable sources out there that offer honest reviews of various online gaming sites through their award schemes (such as eCOGRA), the overall results still vary greatly depending on who’s doing the reviewing and how exactly each review was done mega888 . Therefore, you should always take extra precautions before trusting any rating system – especially those provided by unknown sources – as the results can easily be skewed by bias or even manipulation by third parties seeking financial gain over player satisfaction!